The Heinrich Böll Foundation North America is accepting applications for the position of Office and Communications Manager. We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual with an interest in green policy issues. The position is full-time. The anticipated start date for the position is February 1st, 2019.
About the Heinrich Böll Foundation
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (hbs) is a political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. We act as a catalyst for green visions and projects, a think tank for policy reform, and an international network. Hbs seeks to advance democracy and human rights, protect the environment and climate, and promote the peaceful resolution of conflicts. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and LGBTI communities. Our Washington, DC office is a 501(c)(3) organization that promotes policy reform and political dialogue in our program areas through publications, public seminars, conferences, workshops, study tours and visitor programs.
- Website, publication and outreach management (website content and event calendar updates; contact database management, email announcements and quarterly newsletters; social media management; publication editing and layout management; basic graphic design)
- Office management (office communication systems, e.g. phone systems, calendars; account and contractor management; office equipment and supplies; IT troubleshooting and maintenance, etc.)
- Assistance to the Executive Director (travel arrangement; scheduling; communication)
- Financial procedures (documentation; assistance with finance reporting)
- Human resources (management of internship program; new staff hires; staff health insurance management)
- Project management as necessary (event logistics, evaluation and documentation, e.g. Annual Reception)
- Research tasks as necessary
Required Qualifications and Skills
- BA degree required
- Oral and written fluency in English and German
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Very strong problem-solving skills
- Superb attention to detail and follow-through
- Creative, pro-active, self-directed and responsible attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Basic understanding of finance policies and administrative practices
- Fluency in MS Office, basic knowledge of Adobe CC (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Audition)
- Experience in managing content on a CMS website (i.e. Drupal or WordPress) and in managing an email marketing database (i.e. MyEmma or CleverReach) strongly preferred
- A genuine interest in the values and mission of the Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Flexible working hours
- A dynamic and welcoming team environment
- A 401(k), and other benefits
How to Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter via our online HR system: https://usboell.bamboohr.com/jobs. Only complete applications received through the BambooHR system will be considered.
The deadline is 5:00 pm EDT on Monday, December 10th, 2018.
Diversity and inclusion are among the top priorities of the Heinrich Böll Foundation. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.